Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Enjoy Less

"The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less."
Socrates

I want less. I want to enjoy less debt. I want to enjoy less stress. I want to enjoy less clutter.

I want to live more. I want to spend more time doing the things I love. I want to spend more time with the people I love. I want to own fewer things and enjoy them more.

Peter and I have made some mistakes and now we are in a situation that is far from ideal. We thought we were doing everything right but it turns out we did it all wrong. It's easy to get caught up in nonsense, in consumerism and in Want.

And since I can't go back in time to make better choices - though I often wish I could-I have decided to work towards living a simpler life.

I am learning to enjoy less and live more

In what ways do you enjoy less?

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious. And Pete hasn't agreed to let it go just yet. We are using it less for sure...

    and now you better go blog at yabbadabba because I can't run three blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having 3 blogs is no way to start a minimilist life.

    ReplyDelete